Click here for the original map
Unknown – 14.7652551,77.7951443
Gangampalli – 14.0521009,77.8128308
Penukonda – 14.0828434,77.5894403
Pavagada – 14.1046229,77.2774029
Nidugal – 14.1509534,77.0879638
Unknown Near Ramagiri – 14.3078324,77.4672496
Ramadurga – 14.406147,76.5428156
Rayadurga – 14.7042261,76.8421715
Kalyandurga/Kalyandurgam – 14.5445808,77.1062994
Wikimapia image does not help locate the fort but the Wikipedia page on Kalyandurg confirms that there is a fort here.
Aymangala/Aimangala – 14.0978698,76.5367055
Nagalapur – 14.3187896,77.2712499
I am not too sure if this is actually a fortification. Someone on wikimapia thinks it is.
Apart from these, an older post links to more forts around Chitradurga.
The nine forts around Davangere and Chitradurga and as always the map on top marks the forts I could locate on Google Maps in blue and those I could not, in red.
Chitradurga – 14.2097243, 76.394248
- Uchangidurga – 14.5608847,76.0482967
- Fortification adjacent to Uchangidurga – 14.5475198, 76.0389894
- Uchchangipura – 14.6020803,76.1523074
- Kanakuppa – 14.5528056,76.2886763
- Arani – 14.6045565,75.8034378
- Angargatti – 14.351689,75.5197218
- Shakara/Shyakar/Hanamanth Goudana Kote – 14.8662071,75.7054889
- Savanur – 14.9761499,75.335505
There is a fort wall on the south of the town and and south east along the lake. Also refer to the book The Nawabs of Savanur By Krishnaji Nageshrao Chitnis.
- Bankapur – 14.9236995, 75.2527642
For more info on some of these forts, see these two pages.
Update: Added Channagiri to the list and updated the map based on information from Siddeshwar
Udpate: Added more info about the fort at Shakara with the name of the fort, i.e. Hanamanth Goudana Kote. Thanks to Siddeshwar for pointing out.